Skip to main content

How United Kingdom(international) students should spend money



Today, I decided to write up something for United Kingdom(international) students. Some students are usually broke, so how can they avoid that. I can remember when I arrived as a student, I had priced a cab and he said £60, I had a somewhat intention of taking the cab when someone said to me always convert your money to the Nigerian currency first before spending so it could help you with your judgement so I applied that logic all through as a student, you get to save money that way cause you will be buying things similar to prices in your country.

Do not buy branded products, tesco, sainsbury, asda and the likes make products of good quality at cheaper prices buy theirs. Cook your food, eat out once in a while, you can try the cafeteria's food in your university just to have the experience maybe their toast, eggs (make sure the food is halal) but the food they have available is not really what you are used to and its a waste of money. That way you don't end up running to your family or friends for money once your pocket money for that month has finished. Make sure the food you eat is halal.

Having a summer job is not a bad idea. Lebara, Lyca offer affordable prices to make international calls,  buy their sim cards. If you stick to this rules you will end up not being broke, insha Allah (if Allah wills). Make sure your job is halal. You could give charity, Allah multiplies it in reward. Stay away from interest, Allah hates interest.

Everything happens according to the will of Allah. Everything should be done for the sake of Allah. Part of doing something for the sake means hoping for a reward from Him. 

Halal is anything lawful Islamically. 

Keep checking my blog regularly. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid Mubarak

Hope you have a good one

How can your strategy be successful

Hello readers, today I will be telling you about ways to make your strategy a successful one. The scope is your strategy must be fit, in other words your strategy must be consistent with the environment your business operates in. When I say environment, I am talking about both external and internal environments. Thus, you must understand the political, economic, socio-cultural, technological and legal environments your business operates in. The environmental protection that affects your organisation must also influence you when formulating your strategy. Therefore, PESTEL analysis can be used to understand the external environment of your business. The internal environment also needs to be understood, as your strategy must also be in alignment with the internal environment. Understanding your internal environment will help you know the resources your business has, the capabilities of your business as well as the structure and system. The SWOT analysis can be used to help y...

The Istikharah Prayer

Hello readers , today I will be telling you about the Istikharah prayer. It is a prayer of guidance. When you want to make a major decision in your life, it is best you seek Allah's guidance. You should always pray to Allah to guide you through the right path in your daily activities. Istikharah prayer is recommended for a major decision such as getting married, starting a business and others. How do you perform the Istikhara prayer? Make two rakats (Nafila). During your first rakat, after reciting Surat Fatiha recite Surat Ikhlas, during your second rakat  after reciting Surat Fatiha recite Surat Kaafirun. After saying Asalam Alaykum Waramatullahi to the right and then the left recite this: "Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi-ilmika wa astaqdiruka biqudra-tika, wa as'aluka min fadlikal Azeemi fainnaka taqdiru wa la aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wa la a'alamu, wa Anta Allamul-Ghuyubi, Allahum-ma in kunta ta'lamu anna  [then mention the thing to be decided] khairun ...